With the close of one year and the start of a new one, we wanted to take a minute to recap some of the amazing things the Flourishing Enterprise Innovation Toolkit First Explorers Community has accomplished in 2017, and set our sights on new goals for 2018.
Highlights from 2017
- The First Explorers Community doubled in size to 120, welcoming new members from around the world
- The Core team hosted multiple co-creation sessions with First Explorers to begin designing a Handbook to introduce the Toolkit and Canvas
- A new academic article was published on the Canvas applied to education for sustainable development. The Canvas and Toolkit have also been used as part of numerous undergraduate and graduate theses.
- First Explorers collaborated on projects using the Canvas and Toolkit including;
- Facilitating business innovation workshops for the off-shore industries in Norway
- Developing and teaching flourishing entrepreneurship resources and programing in Canada and Europe
- Running business design workshops in Canada helping companies work towards B Corp certification
- Introducing the canvas methods to companies and universities in Europe, South America and Canada through case studies, workshops, speaking engagements and other events
- Members from the First Explorer community were able to get together, share ideas and discuss potential areas for collaboration at workshops and conferences across Europe
If you have been using the Toolkit and Canvas in your work, we would love to hear about your experiences! Reach out and let is know how you used it in 2017, and how you plan to use it in 2018!
If you are interested in using the Canvas in your work but are not yet a First Explorer, please review the program information and reach out if you want to learn more!
Looking forward, 2018 is going to be a big year for the Toolkit. With a strong First Explorers Community providing suggestions and case studies, and with a Core writing team ready to go, we are ready to create the first Handbook for the Toolkit. This will take the learnings from the past few years and combine them with the core research that underpins the Canvas to create a user-friendly resource to help people effectively start to use the Canvas in their work. Very excited to see how we can co-create this with input from all our First Explorers and the wider community or academics and practitioners working towards a flourishing future!